{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Wednesday, September 23

***We're Home***

Just a quick update about how things are here at home...

I will NEVER forget our first night home with Emma! I thought I was going crazy. She was crying, we were crying and eventually at 4am we got 'some' sleep! whew!! Maddox's first night must have been somewhat better b/c I don't remember all the details. I know that we didn't sleep a whole lot that night either. And then there were three....Ah, my sweet baby Tanner....my third, 'just glad to be here' child! Our first night home could not have went better. I feed him at 9:30pm we all went to bed....he slept till 1:30....feed him...back to sleep.... then he slept till 6:00am!! The good stuff doesn't end there. At the 6am feeding, we were only up for about 25min. and then he slept again until 9am! He is such a good baby.

Last night went equally well. Still on that same schedule. He loves to hear us all talking to him and when we sit on the neighbor's porch with him yesterday evening, he stayed awake the entire time....almost 2 hours! He's goin' love outside like his brother and sister. Speaking of....Emma is in love with Tanner. She's not overbearing as I feared she might be...but give her time, right? She likes holding him, talking to him, and turning his music on for him. Maddox usually pays no attention to him except for night kisses at bedtime and the usual awkward stare I get when I'm nursing him. Madd's been a real bugger for Mark. Fighting with him about t.v., brushing teeth, brushing hair, and getting dressed. I am so lucky to have Mark here for these first 2 weeks...I could not have done it on my own.

And now that we are on day 3-4, I am dealing with my milk coming in. I forgot what a pain that can be....literally. I didn't get as much sleep last night as the night before, because I would have to be up before Tanner wkes holding warm compresses on "the lumps" ....as Emma calls them. lOl
I will have some more pictures to post of all the kids soon....along with the birth story.

1 comment:

amanda persinger said...

He is PRECIOUS Heather! I can not wait to meet him. I am so happy to hear that things are going well for you...I know how hard those new born nights can be. Glad that things are going smoothly for you and your family.xox!

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."