{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Monday, January 14

Emma's 8th Birthday


Emma decided on a sleepover for her birthday.
We are still adjusting to Meredith time (as I call it) so
I was not up for a house full of giggly girls...
just a couple of cute neighbors!
Mark set the tent up in the bonus room and I decorated
it with some banners and Christmas lights. It was really cute.
Emma loved it.
I told them they would be sleeping in the tent and Rylee ask
me if I knew what a pallet was? She wanted to sleep on one of those she said.


I also bought the girls matching pajamas.
I think they had fun with that.
 


Rylee came over first.
Her and Emma had fun sneaking around taking pictures.
I heard them whispering about it so I got my camera out too.


I made these sweet little sleepover cakes for each girl.
I think they are so adorable and Emma just squealed when
she first saw them.

I, of course, got this idea from pinterest.
Most of the ones I saw were made from fondant.
I'm not so great at fondant (haven't had much practice)
so I decided to put in a miniature La-La Loopsy and
decorate with Buttercream frosting.
I think they turned out so cute!

I just drew the headboards onto cardstock and stuck it on with
a glob of icing. I added each girls initial to their headboard.

You know I had to make some cookies!
I love this sleepover mix of cookies.
Fuzzy slippers, pajamas, and popcorn!
The girls loved them and they were fun to make.
I bagged some up for treats and sent them home!
 
The party was  asleep around 10pm and because it was rainy and
cloudy the bonus room stayed dark in the morning and the girls
slept till almost 7:30am. I was happy with that. Emma had a great time!

Today is her actual birthday.
We are taking her out for dinner.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Waoo!! How beautiful are those bed-lalaloopsycakes! And those cookies, you have an incredible talent. Such a great Idea for a girl birthday.

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."