{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Tuesday, February 19

My brain is full....

my blog is not.
At least not this week!
I am drowning in cookies over here.
I love it.
I love that I get to do it at home.
I love that it's a great creative outlet.
And it's fun! And easy.
So yay, me!

This week is super busy.
Baking and decorating and bagging.
The dish washing is NOT fun!
I just throw every.thing. in the dishwasher and run it like twice a day.

Tanner and Meredith are such good, sweet babies.
I can get so much done when it's just the three of us.
Said no one ever with an infant and 3 year old, but it's true.
They are little sweeties.  Tanner plays and MerBear is a good napper.

Now when all four are here, it's a different story.

I feel like my brain is SO full.
Do you?
I know lots of people can't sleep because their brain is full
and they can't shut it off.
That's NOT me!
I can sleep friends! I can sleep lots.

My brain (and body) is in full throttle motion during all waking hours.
Seriously.
So many, many things are on MY LIST!
And they are, for the most part, little things.
The little annoying things that I want to get done, that I have the energy and motivation to get done,
but canNOT find the time! I know we are all busy, ,but good grief! I canNOT find the time!
I promise you my butt does not hit the couch all day except to nurse my sweet girl.
Which I have determined is God's most certain way to get us moms to SIT and RELAX if just for a
few minutes.

The faucet outside has leaked for a year!
A YEAR! What?!??
There is a piece of molding missing from my kitchen wall. It's been that way for 5 months.
The window seals need to be re-painted.
The trim needs painting.
Flowerbeds, deck work, bathroom re-caulking, driveway sealing, couch cleaning, bonus room painting and decorating, furniture buying, toy organizing........
My brain is full!
I want to get these things crossed off.

I am thankful, y'all.
I really am.
Can you be thankful and busy?
Sure!

"Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." Malachi 3:10

We are blessed.

Are you busy?
Is your brain busy?
Do you also have a long list?

These 'household' items are not the only things taking up my brain space.
Craft Camp
Scrapbooking
Work
CPR classes
Shopping for cute clothes
Church
Vacations
Baking

Oh yeah, and the toilets need to be cleaned.
Sometimes ( often ) I think I need help.
Help to clean, help to play with kids, help to baby hold.
Other times I just want the money to pay someone to do it all for me.
You know?
We have always been such DIYers but lately I would just love to call in some help,
pay some cash and mark it OFF my list.
Oh well.

Maybe I will sell some more cookies and spend my cash on a nanny and a handyman!




No comments:

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."