{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Wednesday, January 14

Emma's Birthday

Today was a special day....Emma's 4th Birthday! We put a candle in her toast for breakfast, sent her to school with cupcakes and a surprise music card in her lunch box! The card played, 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". I would have liked to been a fly on the wall when she opened it in front of all her friends. She was probably embarrassed at first, then burst out laughing. I can hardly believe she is four already. Seems wierd that we've even had another one in that time. I love her so much. She really is a good girl. She is so smart too. I am very proud of her and can't wait for her to find her talents and bloom! In the meantime, she loves painting, singing, dancing, music, and her barbies. She plays make believe ALL the time. We are constantly pretending to be Grant, Ms. Amanda, the teacher, a bus driver and anything else you can think of. We even pretend every time we are driving...I am usually a bus driver, train conductor, or airplane pilot! YOU all would love to be a fly on the wall in our van!!LOL

Our house is coming along great. I guess that don't have much other work than to work on our house. We are having a pre-drywall walk thru tomorrow. Then dry wall will start going in next week. That's very exciting! I am so ready to move in there! I believe we will be very happy there. We will be on a wooded lot so the kids will have shade in the backyard and a culdesac in the front. That was a huge selling point for us. I love how the people on cul-de-sac look out for each others kids and we know their will be no speeding cars. I feel like God has blessed us and wants to give us the desires of our hearts if we ...show Him we are His servants by tithing, praying and seeking His kingdom first. God has spoken to me through this building process about keeping my priorities straight. My friends and family will ALWAYS be welcome in our home. God's blessings are meant to be shared.

January has proved to be busy month with birthday parties, shopping, teaching 2 classes a week at church, funerals, :( work and all the other usual stuff that happens. When I teach Children's church (which I enjoy) and teach Benson Buddies on Wed. nights (which I also enjoy) I feel like I am always preparing. But this too shall pass... once I get in there and start sharing with the kids I love it. Kids really believe in Jesus with all their hearts. To them there is no reason to keep driving the point home. They really get it! I love the innocence and sweetness in their hearts.

Well, enough for now. I will post party pictures soon. Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

amanda persinger said...

happy birthday emma!! im sure she loved her card!! "i" want that card..i almost bought it for myself at walmart lol!
love the new look btw!

Amanda said...

First, I love the new layout!!!
Second, beautiful words spoken from a beautiful person.
Third, I can't believe "my" baby girl is already four. I love her to pieces ya know. I love both of your kids to pieces. I really hope and pray that our kids can grow up together and be buds for a long time.
Since Dr. Watson's passing, I have asked God to show me how I can minister and serve more. I feel like I don't do enough to help you and I know that I have school but that's not really an excuse to leave you hanging. I will do Children's church for February and hopefully that will give you a much needed break. Thank you so much for all you do and sharing you passion for God's love with my child. You are right, they "get it", it's teachers like you who sow the seed of God's love and I am so thankful for you.

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."