{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Monday, January 31

Playroom Update

I announced the start of this playroom a very long time ago.
For a while, with a newborn and lots more to do,
the room was put on the back burner but now
A ton of work has been done and
I am getting excited.

Thanks to my father-in-law, Mark and his brother
Steven we now have electricity, heat/air, and drywall!!!
We have been sanding and we came out looking like ghosts.
We were completely covered in drywall dust!

Here it was before, as a glorious, huge, walk in storage:
In this picture I had just cleaned in there.
Most of the time, it looked like this:

I told you it was glorious.
Here's what it look like this morning:
I have since primed all the walls plus the ceiling during nap times.

I am getting really excited about the painting, picking colors, carpet, decorating and accessorizing!!
We feel truly blessed to be able to give this space to our children for just having fun.
This will be a room that we will use for many years especially during the cold winter months
when we can't go outside to play. We can go to the playroom to exercise our large muscles!
Swing, climb, jump, and play. I am looking forward to it.

I am hoping to have a painting post next week!

3 comments:

Brooke Douglass said...

That is such an awesome space!!! I wish we had a playroom like that! Awesome! Brooke

http://girlboygirlinspired.blogspot.com/

Stacie Davis said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see the work in progress and the FINAL result!!

Jess said...

Looks like a nice, big playroom! Can't wait to see more!!!!

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."