{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Monday, April 18

{my} subway art

Subway art is everywhere on the web.
I love it because you can personalize it!
I made two pieces but added in my own ideas.
I used my cricuit to cut some paper..



but I also scrounged through my beloved chipboard stash..


This is what I started with
Turn away if you are a Raggedy Ann and Andy fan.

The plan in my head was to make my subway art pieces on canvas but I found these two boards at GW for like one dollar each. So I brought them home in my car.
Painted them black and went to town!
I created this piece

Isn't that much better than Raggedy Ann?    Thank You.
I love that song. And now every time I see this I have a little song in my heart.
Meaningful Art.
Plus both the older kids now have this verse memorized! bonus.

I also made this one for the playroom...

I love it.
Now, go make your own subway art.
Birthdays, addresses, anniversary dates,
quotes, family motos, family names,
bible verses. Let the creative juices flow!
Here are some other beautiful examples of subway art

1 comment:

amanda persinger said...

LOVE it! can't wait to make my own!

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."