{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Monday, August 23

free shelf is done!

Ahhh...my free shelf.
Rescued from the dumpster.
Been sitting in my garage
all summer, slowly coming
to life.
Here's the before:


Wow. That's ugly.
 It's all about potential people.
 You can see the other
hideous photos here.

And the after:

Ta dah!
I love it.


We I cleaned it, sanded it, removed
a bijillion nails, filled the holes,
added bead board to the back,
added crown mold and
finally caulked and painted it.
(Mark did the back and the molding)


It took me a while because,
I would just work on it when
the kids were busy and/or napping.
I know that sounds like a lot of work,
but HELLO it WAS FREE!
And, in my opinion, worth all
the work.

It is lovely.

Still working on decorating it.


Check out tomorrow for a tour of Emma's room.
And later this week,
another GW project done!

4 comments:

Terena said...

That is awesome Heather! I looks sooooo nice. I wish PD could do things like that. But I guess he has other talents! You looked cute yesterday by the way.

Anonymous said...

i there,

New follower from the Friday Blog Hops. I love these blog hops, they are great ways to meet some really awesome people. :)

Hoping you'll drop by for a visit whenever you get a moment. Thanks

Marie
The Things We Find Inside

Kim Porter said...

awesome job, Heather! It looks great!
Kim

Denise said...

Your children are precious! I wish I had a bit of craftiness! I am now following your blog and look forward to reading more.

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."