{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Thursday, October 28

Halloween Costumes

I have always chose my kids costumes for them.
Mostly because they were too small to decide on their own
and my motto was...."What's in the dress up box?"
I don't like spending a lot of money on Halloween costumes,
because, well their just costumes.
So it was consignment, homemade, and whatever we already had.

This year I got Tanner a puppy dog costume at consignment.
So he was all set.
Emma has a Cinderella Dress in her dress up box that she hasn't
used for Halloween yet, so she was all set.
Then I saw a cute, cheap homemade robot costume in a magazine
that I thought would be good for Maddox. (And crafty for me!)

But then the other night in the car, out of the blue,
Emma says, "Mom, I want to be a ghost for Halloween."
Then Maddox says, " And I want to be a cowboy!"

Isn't that the cutest thing.
I was elated.
It was one of those moments where your kids melt your heart.
I know, I know some of you have had your kids telling you
what they want to go as for years. But not me. This was a first.
It was like I had been waiting my whole motherhood life to hear those words without knowing I was waiting.
It was just adorable.

So looks like a ghost, a cowboy, and a puppy are in our future!
I know Emma won't want her head covered up, neither do I, so do
you have any ghostly ideas without covering her head?
Should I do a cute friendly fairy ghost?
She has a left over white dance recital costume, I could use that.
What do you think?

Here's past Halloween Pictures:
cheerleader and spiderman
(I could not get my scanner to
work with my new 'puter so yes.
yes I did take a picture of a picture.)
ladybug...

fairy ...
batman....
princess and the frog...

 UPDATE: I began this post last week. 
 My kids have now, of course, changed
their minds again! :) Soooo...we shall
see what we end up with!

Are you adults dressing up this year?
What are some good, cheap ideas
for adult costumes?


1 comment:

Kimberley said...

lol @ they changed their minds. Spencer keeps going back and forth from ghost to Thomas the Tank Engine. I have the Thomas costume already so I'm hoping that's the one he decides on in the end. Good luck, can't wait to see what they decide.

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."