{ Metzgar Family Blog }

-

Saturday, November 20

The tree, The dog, The boy

I put the tree up.

I know. What was I thinking? It's not even Thanksgiving. But I didn't decorate it, so maybe it doesn't count.
We worked on cleaning every.thing. out of the attic soon-to-be playroom space and the tree was in there so for lack of a better place to put it I just put it UP. :) The kids were ubber excited! Emma and Maddox crawled under and pretended to be my presents. Then Emma danced around and made up new carols.  Maddox turned all the lights out and said it was the prettiest thing he had ever seen. :) He's so cute like that.
It was just the bonus room tree anyway. So it doesn't count. ....right?   right. Because I am not in the Chrismas decorating mood. It's warm outside. And for now I am way too lazy to drag all that stuff out.

Speaking of Maddox being cute, I must share what he happened today.
This is Sally.
She is Mark's parents dog.
But really we all loved her so much she was more like a family dog.
She let the kids do anything to her and everytime we go over there she comes wagging her tail and barking.
Then the kids feed her way to many dog bones and she's happy.
Papa Ray took Sally to be put to sleep today.
We are heartbroken.
She was the best dog.
But she was miserable lately.
Ray was having to carry her around for a couple of days because she wasn't able to walk.
So it was time. She will be missed.
I told the kids today that Sally won't be at Grandma and Papa's anymore.
Maddox says, "we should pay."
"We should Play?"
"No", he says. "We should pay." And he folds his hands and bows his head.
Sweet boy. "OH", we say, "we should pray?"
"Yes!" he says, "We should pay for Sally and for Papa."
So we did. Right there in the middle of the kitchen.

Maddox has been going to speech therapy for a couple of months now.
I can see the progress we are making one millimeter at a time.
It really urkes me when others make fun of him or imitate his mispronunciations.
He is sensitive about the way he talks. Especially now that we are correcting him alot.
Sometimes he starts to cry and says , " I can't say that word." or sometimes he gets mad and yells that he is saying the right way.  Mrs. Jill has been very patient with us and Maddy Cakes is not always a peach to work with. But we will make it. And I am very proud of him.

Hope you're having a great weekend!


2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Well I am quite positive that whether you call it "paying" or praying, God got the point lol

Amanda said...

I just love that boy! Sally will be missed terribly! I can't even imagine how Papa Ray is going to make it w/o her!

"Enjoy this moment,
For this moment is your life."